Sunday, September 8, 2013

~J-Rock no Tamashii IV: The Soul of J-Rock~


There is still a faint ringing in my left ear, where I have gone temporarily deaf (kinda like Katniss), due to a whole Saturday evening of blaring speakers and furious guitar-riffs and J-Rock music at the recent J-Rock no Tamashii.


I was invited by my dear friend Lavena, whose band Black Candy would be performing that evening. Since I've never really made it to any of the bands' gigs, I wanted to at least show some support for them here and take a few photos of the event. I planned to take off right after my Japanese class ended at 4.00pm.

I arrived at the venue, Club 99 in KL, at about 5.30pm (after getting a little lost trying to find the place, orz ...) And knowing my luck, when I arrived, Black Candy had already performed. =w=;; Sorry Lavena ... hopefully next time! :(

To compensate, I took a few 'publicity shots' of Lavena and her bandmates~ >w<;;

Introducing Black Candy~
Find them on Facebook~! Black Candy Rocks~ <3




I stuck around for the rest of the evening, to check out the other acts. I was just in time to catch local band Flying Pan, as well as the special guest Japanese bands, dazedgarden and VANIRU, who were extremely impressive! <3 I've never seen performers so passionate about their music! It does help that VANIRU are also extremely pretty to look at~ /cough

dazedgarden
Find them on Facebook! Dazed Garden~











Flying Pan~
Find them on Facebook! Flying Pan Band~



VANIRU
Find them on Facebook! VANIRU


Honestly, just how is this man real? =_=;;
He's so beautiful it's ridiculous~













However, photography-wise the event was a bit disappointing ... lighting was so hard to deal with, plus I forgot to replace my flash's batteries and had to go without a flash. :( /sobs The whole time I was like ...


But I had a handful of shots that I'm pretty pleased with, so I guess that counts! :P
On a somewhat-related note, I hope my hearing comes back. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment