Friday, September 6, 2013

~The Escape Room KL: Real-Life RPGs~


After an extremely exhausting week, I wanted nothing more than to just 'escape' from it all and do something fun ... so it was probably the best timing for my first 'Escape Room' session! Perfect way to end the work week and blow off some steam. :)

'The Escape Room' is a conceptual, puzzle-solving RPG played on-ground and in-person. A team of maximum 6x people are locked in a room, and given 45 minutes to 'escape' the room by solving a series of puzzles and challenges. There is a storyline and theme to each room, giving the game its 'role-playing' element.

When I first heard of Escape Room, I was intrigued and excited - it's a different sort of RPG to my generation of gamers that has played everything on-screen. I decided to invite my Astro scholar buddies, the group of people I knew who would be the first to go, "Challenge Accepted", heh~ =w=

The four of us booked a session for 'The Mysterious Room' game at 9.15pm Friday night -- we originally wanted 'Prison Break' at 9.30pm, but the booking was taken before we could confirm.

Storyline for 'The Mysterious Room'~

We had a quick dinner at The Apartment before our session -- luckily we had time for dinner! The heavy traffic on the way to eCurve had us a bit worried that we would have to play Escape Room on empty stomachs, but I'm glad we had enough time!

Dinner was 'Andrew's Pasta' at The Apartment~ Pesto and potatoes, carbs all the way~! <3

Not to give away any game-walkthroughs or spoilers for our game, but 'The Mysterious Room' was seriously very challenging! We went in not knowing what to expect, but for those wanting tips on this game ... watch YouTube vids on how to open directional locks and dial locks, because that will come in handy.

In each game, players are allowed to ask for a maximum of 2x clues from the game organizers. We used up both of our clues, and were only one puzzle away from escaping the room, before our time ran out. So close yet so far! ><

I think I would not have made it at all on my own -- I was standing around clueless while my friends figured out all the clues. =w=;; Honestly, why are my friends so smart??

We went back to The Apartment for drinks and supper afterwards, and met up with two other scholars we were meeting for the first time. I tried out one of their desserts, the 'Eton Mess' and it was glorious~

'Eton Mess' dessert: Strawberries, cream and meringue! Plus our souvenir Polaroid photo from The Escape Room ...

I would definitely love to go again for another Escape Room session, this time more prepared and with more people! Now that I roughly know what to expect, we might just win the next one!




For more information:
Website: http://www.escaperoom.com.my/
FB: https://www.facebook.com/escaperoom.com.my

Location:
Lot 2-01A, 2nd Floor, eCurve
Jalan PJU 7/3, Mutiara Damansara
47810 Petaling Jaya, Selangor.

Tel: +603-7732 9198
Email: info@escaperoom.com.my

No comments:

Post a Comment