Thursday, October 3, 2013

[Music Feature] Postmodern Jukebox

It's music groups like this that make me think like I was born in the wrong era. O___O


I discovered Postmodern Jukebox through their 1920s remix of Psy's 'Gentleman', which I think sounds so much better and classier (and closer to what actual gentlemen would listen to, lol)~

I already have an unhealthy attraction to 1920s America (it's a combination of the fashion, the music, stylish French bob haircuts and men in dapper three-piece suits), so remixing modern tracks and bringing them back to that era totally sounds like berries to me~ OvO Maybe Jay-Z should have turned to these guys for the soundtrack of 'The Great Gatsby', heh~

More retro vintage musical goodness under the cut below~!


I'm also totally in love with their 1950s doo-wop version of Miley Cyrus' 'We Can't Stop' ... sounds so much sweeter with a much better arrangement. :)


I don't know what level of musical genius it takes to accurately replicate the musical style/arrangement of a different era, while still retaining the original melody of today's pop-driven beats, but I think these guys have it!

And their videos are extremely well-done not just because of the music, but the effort they took to replicate the fashion of the different eras, which makes them visually entertaining as well.

Also, Irish waltz version of Daft Punk's 'Get Lucky'? PURE GENUIS. Lucky Charms and Guinness stout ftw~



For more information:
Postmodern Jukebox on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7A4D9C100657150E
Official Website: http://www.postmodernjukebox.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment