Thursday, December 6, 2012

~Fantasy Night: A Night for Final Fantasy Fans!~

What started out as a late-night mamak catch-up session with high-school mates led up to an honestly enjoyable night of great music, creative people and great friends. :)

Let's rewind to the night of November 22nd, a much looked-forward to Pondok Gang high-school reunion dinner. In attendance were Justin, Praveen, Alyaa and me, with honourary members Xin Xin and Kat.

The reunion dinner that started it all ...

After a marvelous burger dinner at The Burger Lab, we hung out for after-dinner drinks at a nearby mamak, where Kat and I started talking about her freelance mobile hairdressing service.

I wanted to improve my portrait photography, and I saw the opportunity in contributing to Kat's hairstyling portfolio. I would supply her with the photos to impress clients, while I would get much-needed practise for portrait photography. Seemed like a good trade-off. :D

So on the evening of 6th December, I found myself at The Venue, Pavilion KL, armed with my trusty camera and overwhelmed by the fact I had no idea what I was getting into ... Kat's sister Mariam would be playing in a Final Fantasy tribute concert, that much I knew ...


I didn't know it was strictly invite-only, and that there was a chance I wouldn't be able to stay for the concert because I wasn't invited. :x Oops. I spent the first part of the evening ninja-ing backstage, trying to be discreet while I took photos of Kat doing her sister's (and various band members') hair for WIP photos.


Kat working on Raja Farouque's hair before the show ...

Fortunately, Kat managed to talk the event manager Selina into letting me stay (yay!). Which was marvelous, since I managed to enjoy some AMAZING music by some seriously talented singers and bands. Plus, I managed to get some concert photography practise as well, woohoo~! ^^ /achievementunlocked ... It also kind of helped I knew a few of the performers, having met them at ACG events before, and I also tried to earn my keep by helping out with some last-minute sewing for the band members' costumes. :P

Catching the band rehearsing/soundchecking ...


Ohai~




Eventually, before the show started and the performers were mingling with guests, I managed to take the band members aside for their portrait photos to be taken for Kat's portfolio~ She did an amazing job with their hair~! Check it out:

Purple dip-dye and loose curls for Mariam~

Hairstyling done by Kat's Mobile Hairdressing~ /pimps



Wild waves for Farouque~


Got some portrait shots done for Sophia as well~! :)

It was an honestly fun event~! I didn't expect to stay for the whole thing, since I was supposed to set off early to Penang the next morning. But the music was so good, and I ended up staying after midnight for the encore. :D








Strawhat Mages, kickin' ass and takin' names~ 












Hauntingly beautiful performance by Harmonia










 TEMJIN in action~!






Huei Chan performing as Yuna~ Such a sweet voice!





I should probably shout-out to/thank a few people for the experience, so here goes~ *acceptance speech mode*

Thanks SO MUCH to Kat for the invite to the event, for talking to Selina on my behalf to let me stay for the concert, and for the CHOCOLATE (I was starving, thank you~ Q__Q).

It was nice meeting familiar faces Leena and Raja Farouque again, and seeing them perform with Harmonia and the Strawhat Mages, having seen them in action before. :) Such friendly, warm, talented people~!

Loved meeting all the new folks there, and catching up with acquaintances and friends. Definitely one unexpected but enriching experience~! Would love to see more from these guys. :) <3

No comments:

Post a Comment