Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Papillon: An Exhibition By A Dreamer by xBellanotte Photography

On Monday August 5th, my dear friend Isabella Tan invited a bunch of friends and I to the private preview opening of her photography exhibition, 'Papillon' at Publika, Solaris Dutamas~

  

Bella is the photographic talent behind xBellanotte Photography, and has an extremely impressive portfolio, despite only actively practicing photography for 2 years, and also despite her age (the girl is only 19~!). I greatly admire her works, so when I got the invite to the opening night I knew I just had to make it. :)

I also managed to get my hands on a wide-angle 17-40mm lens (bought secondhand from Misao, yosh! >< Set me back -RM 1.6k, but it's a steal considering the regular retail price is nearly RM 2.5k~ @_@;; I have KC to thank for the heads up~), and I was itching to try it out. :) The venue and its wide, open spaces was my perfect testing ground, hoho~

Meet my new buddy, 17-40mm-kun~

I arrived shortly after 7.30pm, and as soon as I walked in, an aide rushed up to me and handed me a press release, and asked which media I was with. @_@;; Not wanting to sound rude or awkward, I immediately registered as a blogger (listing the URL of this sad, little blog), accepted the press release and waltzed right in.

The exhibition itself was pretty impressive, with some of Bella's more notable works on display, mounted simply and looking stunning on the clean white walls. I bumped into some familiar faces there, and mingled around with the other guests, all the while taking my lens for its first test-drive.

Views of the interior:




The photographer herself, with Guki~

Photographer with her models~

With the artist herself, and guest of honour Jimmy Choo~

Refreshments for the evening included cupcakes & macaroons~ <3

Very familiar headpiece made out of some leftover craft material that I donated hurr~ =w=

Bella's tools of the trade ... dat 70-200mm lens~ =A= /drools

Canon ftww~

Quick supper/dinner afterwards with Dai, Guki, Bacchi & Ikki~

Top-to-bottom view of Publika's interior at the widest zoom ... not to bad~! :)

Lens performance is pretty good, even at night~ :)
This has suddenly turned into a lens review blog entry instead of an event coverage blog entry ...

It was a pretty fun & short exhibition, and I'm so proud of Bella to have made it so far~ ^^ I'm predicting promising things to come for her and her artistic and fashion photography as she heads to one of the prime centers of creative art, New York, for her studies. ;)

Keep a lookout for xBellanotte Photography~! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment